It's a brand new year and we're counting down the top 10 wedding trends in 2014!
1. Shades of pink with pops of color - Forget the dated all-white weddings. This year, soft hues with pops of color are back for wedding color palettes in 2014. The overall picture is to take a neutral, soft palette, like whites, blush tones, ivories and metallic, and to incorporate bold colors like plum purple, apple red, tangerine or indigo blue. We are seeing this trend in the flowers, wedding table settings, wedding cakes and so much more.
2. Don't Instagram My Wedding - A lot of couples aren't keen on the idea of their guests attached to their smartphones throughout the wedding. Some couples are going as far as providing a phone check at the door to including a note in their ceremony programs asking their wedding guests to not take photos or video.
3. Photo Booth Fun - Photo booths are no thing new for weddings, but now couples are putting a twist to the popular trend. From vintage photo booths with monogrammed photo strips as favors to point-and-shoot booths that project guests' photos in real time over the dance floor. Enter the slow-motion video booth. Using a special infrared camera, a videographer creates an amazing keepsake.
4. #Wedding Guests - This is the opposite of the unplugged wedding. If the couple wants their guests capturing the entire wedding day via a custom hashtag announced by the couple, they'll make sure phones stay charged the whole night with charging stations at the reception! These chic and creative charging stations don't look ugly at all, florists are being asked¬†to dress up tall cocktail tables with pretty linens and small flatbeds of roses or wheat grass with little flowers and cords peeking out.
5. Back to the '90s - The '90s were no doubt the party decade, so it may not be a shock to hear that '90s-inspired details are all the rage for weddings this year. Couples are getting creative by having temporary tattoos as wedding favors, fun hip hop music & break dancers to entertain guests! Not to mention, brides are considering wearing crop-top¬†wedding dresses!
6. Fabulous Flowers - in 2014, flowers are getting bigger and more elaborate. Picture overflowing, cascading floral arrangements that spill over onto the dance floor; florists are often being tasked with making wild and unique arrangements. Wow your guests at the very start with having a beautiful arrangement at your ceremony.
7. Embellished and Dramatic Backs - Brides everywhere are wanting to show off their style and body in 2014 with more sleek fabrics and dramatic cuts and embellishments in the back when it comes to choosing the perfect wedding dress.
8. Suspended Wedding Cakes - Kaley Cuoco was reported to have this amazing upside down chandelier wedding cake! Now the rest of the world wants to hang their wedding cakes from the ceiling in dramatic ways.
9. Multiple Engagement Rings - Many celebrities are being seen wearing multiple stacked engagement rings instead of the traditional solo ring. This trend looks very fashionable, but surely comes with a higher price tag. We think this style takes away from the traditional engagement ring & wedding band look. What's your opinion?
10. The never-ending nuptials - We're seeing more and more long wedding weekends. It makes sense when you have a lot of guests from out of town that you want to keep entertained. Just make sure to make your arrangements ahead of time so your guests don't feel left out.
These are the trends we think we'll see the most of this year. Which of these top trends might you use for your wedding in 2014?