Your bridal manicure should be something that reflects your personal style, while at the same time complimenting the fashion, decor, and overall style and theme of your wedding. Whether you are going for simple monochrome or bedazzled flare, here are our favorite 12 gorgeous Spring wedding manicures to help you get inspired:
Ah, the wedding cocktail hour. This is the time you want to hold your guests over with scrumptious little morsels and light spritzers while your wedding party finishes up with photos. Or, maybe you want to serve sweeter pairings at the end of the evening. The 2016 trends are showing more and more couples choosing to serve food pairings instead of just the usual, separate cocktails and appetizers at their weddings. Here are some of our favorite combos right now. Hopefully they get your creative juices flowing!
8 Perfect Wedding Cocktail Pairings:
1. We can’t think of a better union for a spring/summer wedding than sliders and beer. Yummy!
[photo by: Olivia Leigh Photographie]
2. Keep their hearts, souls, and bellys warm with mini grilled-cheese sandwiches and shots of tomato soup; it’s mmm mmm good:
[photo by Bre Thurston]
3. Give your guests a down-to-the-pub feel with this pairing of fish-n-chips and cold beer:
[photo by Braedon Photography]
4. Find me a person who doesn’t love tacos and margaritas; I betcha can’t:
[photo by Root Photography]
5. Keep your guest’s hunger at bay with fried-chicken-filled shells and adorable mini coke bottles:
[photo by Mel Barlow]
6. We love this simple pairing of champagne cocktail served only with blackberries, for guests who are dieting, or may not be hungry yet:
[photo by Eric Kelley]
7. This classic, elegant, shrimp cocktail served with a shotglass of cocktail sauce, is always a crowd satisfier, and perfect for a warm spring or summer wedding:
[photo by: Lauren Kinsey Fine Art Wedding Photography]
8. A different take on the mini tacos with margaritas, these mini fiestas are served on limes, and come with mini bottles of Patron:
Selecting your bridesmaid dresses is one of the most stressful endeavors you’ll undertake as a bride-to-be. You want your lovely ladies to be comfortable, stylish, AND complement the wedding theme. You also want to make sure that the style or styles will be flattering to all the different shapes and sizes in your bridal party. We’ve compiled a list of our 10 favorite bridesmaids dresses at the moment. We hope it helps you get inspired:
1. This bohemian ensemble, complete with a patterned maid of honor frock, and flanked by sea-green bridesmaids.
[dresses: Katie May; photo: Our Love is Loud]
2. This gorgeous, crepe-material “White by Vera Wang” gown that features a long V neck and an open back. It also comes in a stunning “VW Champagne” color that is strikingly close to Pantone Color of the Year: Rose Quartz.
[found on David’s Bridal]
3. Another vision in Rose Quartz, this “White by Vera Wang” Sleeveless Tulle over Lace Dress is an exercise in elegance.
[found on David’s Bridal]
4. These convertible, chiffon dresses by Jenny Woo that mixes light and dark purples shows that you don’t have to sacrifice elegance to have a lovely Boho wedding:
[dresses: Jenny Woo; photo: This Modern Romance]
5. This brilliant idea of a sequined crop top paired with a chiffon maxi skirt.
[found on Ok Bridal]
6. This rose quartz wavy cropped dress by Vera Wang gets our vote for most unique bridesmaid dress of the year:
[from David’s Bridal]
7. These elegant beauties who are pulling off the mismatched dress trend like it ain’t no thing:
[photo: Love Like Weddings]
8. These dusty blue mismatched bridesmaids dresses compliment the pretty pop of white in the bridal bouquets:
[photo: Marissa Lambert Photography]
9. These nude dresses that make good use of the pattern craze, with the added bonus of metallic sequins:
[photo: Our Labor of Love]
10. These blush-pink, open-back dresses that gleam and sparkle bright like diamonds:
[photo: Archetype Studio]
What are some of your favorite bridesmaid dresses right now? Tell us about it in the comment section below
In a turn of surprising events, Pantone have picked not one, but TWO colors of the year for 2016. According to their website, this is in order to strike a calming balance between the soft and subtle Rose Quartz, and the cool, tranquil Serenity.
We personally think that the MARRIAGE (See what we did there?) of these two hues creates the perfect harmony for spring or summer 2016 wedding. Check out our Top 12 Rose Quartz and Serenity Pantone wedding inspo to get your creative juices flowing to plan your upcoming wedding:
1. These waxed-sealed envelopes that beg to be opened:
Photo: Hanke Arkenbout Photography
2. These soft pink heels that will make your feet feel like a present waiting to be unwrapped.
Photo: ERIKA GERDEMARK
3. This gorgeous pink and blue masterpiece that will make your eyes overdose on sugar:
Photo: MICHELLE KIM PHOTOGRAPHY
4. This retro tulle beauty with matching ballet flats, that will add the perfect touch to a vintage/rockabilly wedding:
Hey all you brides to be! Here at The Bride Box, we have scowered the internet and magazines to compile a list of the top 5 trends we predict will be all the rage for 2016 weddings. So, without further ado:
#5: Mad Men Style.
It’s no secret that the popularity of AMC’s Mad Men has slowly given rise to a newfound appreciation for all things 50s and 60s, especially in the realm of attire. We predict that in 2016 you will see more weddings than ever adopt this vintage sass, complete with poodle skirts, bowties, mint juleps, and pillbox hats; just hold the excessant smoking please. We love the mod style of this bride and her bridesmaids from FloridianSocial.com – photo: Christina Karst Photography
#4: Drone Photography
While drone photography can be a noisy and expensive endeavor, it can provide some lush, beautiful aerial views (such as the shot below, taken from http://www.dronestagr.am/stansky-mlyn/) of your special day. Drones are not the cheapest of options, and of course safety can be a concern, so you want to make sure you have an experienced pilot guiding the drone.
#3: GoPro Photography
Given the versatility, quality, and affordability of the GoPro brand, we think you will see more people than ever using it for their weddings in 2016. You don’t even need to stock up on GoPro cameras to create some wedding magic. Even just one camera set up in a photo booth, the arbor, or even the bride’s bouquet can do the trick. You could have the camera set up in a high spot to capture a time-lapse video, or even strap it to a bottle of liquor like these insanely creative people: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pb4nN7ykHc
#2: Blush Pink
Blush pink weddings have never really gone out of style, but we think that given the rise of vintage wedding trends, you’ll definitely be seeing more blush pink weddings this spring. Not only can the blush tones be seamlessly incorporated into the vintage style, but those lovely blush hues add elegance, softness, and class to any wedding affair. Here’s a color palette, taken from FabMood.com to help your blush wedding scheme:
#1: Naked Wedding Cakes.
With people becoming more and more health conscientious, it’s no wonder that naked (not frosted with icing on the outside) wedding cakes are becoming more popular. Instead of garnishing your cake with the usual fondant icing or gumpaste flowers, naked cakes look best when topped with fresh flowers and/or fruits. Thanks to the Jolie-Pitt wedding ceremony in the South of France last year, naked wedding cakes are now on everyone’s radar. Check out this blackberry-espresso filled cake, topped with fresh, dark berries and figs, made by Lael Cakes. Yummy!
What trends do you think will be popular for wedding in 2016? Let us know in the comments section below!