10 Wedding Cakes That Give Us The Winter Feels
From simple, naked rustic cakes adorned with berries, to super-frosted and snowflake covered towers of white snow, this winter season we’ve seen some of the most elegant and unique cakes. Below, we have compiled a list of some of our favorite 10 wedding cakes that give us the winter feels. We hope it inspires you to choose a delicious and stylish cake, not to reach for the sweets!
1. This luscious, 6-tier naked cake that’s layered with thick cream and uncut berries reminds us of our childhood homes getting snowed in for the holidays.
[Cake: Chawna Dil of Sweet Marie’s; Photo: Dana Grant Photography]
2. This bold beauty reminds us of a Christmas tree with its nature-inspired etchings, gold dustings, and topping of a giant cherry nestled in some winter greenery.
[cake: The Sugar Lab; Photo: Arina Borodina]
3. This white wonder, wrapped in lace and dolloped with flowers and greenery transports us to a divine winter wonderland.
[Cake: Création Boule Argent; Photo: Genevieve Albert]
4. This quaint tower of cuteness that is designed like growth rings on a tree, and topped with baby owls makes us feel like a whimsical woodland creature gathering around a large wooden tree trunk for winter dinner.
[Cake: Artisan Cake Comapny; Photo: Hazelwood Photo]
5. This 2-tier concoction that is roughly frosted, topped with three small pinecones, and lightly dusted with “snow” reminds us how special simple holidays can be.
[Photo: Little White Dress]
6. This red velvet fortress, layered with sweet cream and sprinkled with candy canes makes us feel the tingly warmth that peppermint brings with the holiday season.
[Photo: Kate Botwinski Photography]
7. This assortment of barely-frosted towers, surrounded by wreaths, trees, and set on an antique sled, makes us long for Christmas in the woods.
[Photo: Jacque Lynn Photography]
8. This exquisite sculpture that’s decorated with holly berries, pine cones, and other fine winter elements, tricks us into thinking we are a wondrous snow queen, receiving a magnificent royal gift of sugar.
[Cake: Once Upon a Cake Co.; Photo: Amber Lynn Photography]
9. This richly-pigmented masterpiece is adorned with bits of snow, winter greenery, and silver-encrusted twigs in order to give us a starkly-modern, dramatic Yuletide sensation.
[Photo via Sortrature.com]
10. This snowy-white tower with an argyle pattern etched into the sides and strategically-placed silver snowflakes, makes us feel like Elsa, in her tower made of ice, letting it all go…including our wedding diet.
[Photo via: The Couture Cakery]
Planning on a winter wedding? Tell us about your cake in the comment section.